Glucagen 1mg Injection may be given by a healthcare professional or by the patient’s caregiver if they have been trained to use it. You and your family members should learn to recognize the symptoms of severe hypoglycemia (such as irritability, sweating, fast heart rate, feeling anxious or shaky etc) and how to administer this medicine. Do not use Glucagen 1mg Injection if it is discolored or if it contains particles.
Glucagen 1mg Injection raises the blood sugar levels. Once the person gains consciousness and is able to eat, he or she must be given a high sugar snack like sweets, biscuits, or fruit juice. This will help prevent your blood sugar levels from falling again.
It is important to get emergency medical assistance after using this medicine. Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and keep you under observation for some time. A complete medical evaluation is advised for all such people to find out the cause of severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels) and to prevent it from happening again.
The most common side effect of this medicine is nausea. Please consult your doctor if it does not resolve or persists for a longer duration. Glucagen 1mg Injection may not work properly if you have been fasting for a long time or if your low blood sugar levels have been caused by drinking too much alcohol.
BENEFITS OF GLUCAGEN INJECTION
In Severe hypoglycemia
SIDE EFFECTS OF GLUCAGEN INJECTION
Common side effects of Glucagen
HOW TO USE GLUCAGEN INJECTION
HOW GLUCAGEN INJECTION WORKS
- The injection is given either under the skin or into a muscle.
- Ensure that both you and your family members know how to use Glucagen 1mg Injection in case your blood sugar becomes severely low.
- It may take approximately 10 minutes to have an effect. Call your doctor immediately if the symptoms do not improve within 10 minutes of dose intake.
- Take high sugar snacks such as sweets and fruit juice as soon as you are able to swallow.
- Avoid driving and any activity requiring mental focus until blood sugar level gets normal.
Inform your doctor every time you use this medicine as your dose may need to be adjusted.