Modalert 100 Tablet may be taken with or without food. It is advised to take this medicine at a fixed time each day to maintain a consistent level in the blood. If you miss any doses, take it as soon as you remember. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. This medication mustn’t be stopped suddenly as it may worsen your symptoms.
Some common side effects of this medicine include headache, nausea, nervousness, anxiety, and insomnia (difficulty sleeping). You may also have diarrhea, indigestion, back pain, and a runny nose. However, these side effects are temporary and usually resolve on their own in some time. Please consult your doctor if these do not subside or bother you. This medicine causes dizziness and sleepiness, so do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Always remember that this medicine only used when advised by a doctor as it is not a replacement for a good sleep routine. You should try to get the right amount of sleep every night. Before taking Modalert 100 Tablet, inform your doctor if you have any problems with your kidneys, heart, liver, or have a history of seizures (epilepsy or fits). Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or if you have any suicidal thoughts.
USES OF MODALERT TABLET
- Narcolepsy (Uncontrollable daytime sleepiness)
BENEFITS OF MODALERT TABLET
In Narcolepsy (Uncontrollable daytime sleepiness)
SIDE EFFECTS OF MODALERT TABLET
Common side effects of Modalert
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Back pain
- Runny nose
HOW TO USE MODALERT TABLET
HOW MODALERT TABLET WORKS
Patients with abnormal levels of sleepiness who take modafinil should be advised that their level of wakefulness may not return to normal, so they should avoid driving.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE MODALERT TABLET?
- Take it with or without food, preferably in morning time before you need to be alert.
- It is not a replacement for a good sleep routine. Try to get the right amount of sleep every night.
- It may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable pain killer. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid taking alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to increase side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- It makes contraceptive pills less effective, consult with a doctor for effective contraception.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Stop taking medication and inform your doctor if you experience rash, itching or breathing problem while taking this medicine.
It may cause addiction/ dependence potential when taken for long term.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.